Ourboox is a free online platform for creating and sharing ebooks that incorporate text , images , videos , puzzles , maps and quizzes .  
The Ourboox platform enables users to add text to a language that is compatible with html5 , to add artwork in jpeg , png , or gif formats , and to embed various media content from other websites, eg YouTube , Vimeo , SoundCloudand others.   
Each e-book is identified by its own URL , and can be edited by the author even after it is published. The content on Ourboox is not protected by digital rights management (DRM), and can thus be easily indexed and searched by various search engines .  
A feature of Ourboox is the use of a page-flipping script, which emulates printed books . This feature is suitable for one -to-one right-to-left and right-to-right .  
Ourboox has gained popularly among teachers and students ,   and currently has over 16000 books in 24 languages and 94 genres as of February 2017.  It was established by Mel Rosenberg and Ran Shternin , and was launched in 2014 .  
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e “About Ourboox” .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c “OurBoox, the Israeli startup publisher looking to dust off your manuscript” . Geektime . September 4, 2014.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “The virtues of going virtual” . Jerusalem Post . Jerusalem. July 15, 2015 . Retrieved July 15, 2015 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Publish Your Own Books With ‘OurBoox’, The ‘YouTube’ Of Literature” . No Camels . February 21, 2015.
- Jump up^ “Times Educational Supplement (TES) recommendation of Ourboox” . February 23, 2016.
- Jump up^ “Ourboox recommendation by the Israeli Ministry of Education” .