LeaseWeb is a cloud hosting provider with offices in Europe , Asia and the United States . The company offers hosting-related services: dedicated servers , colocation , cloud hosting , content delivery network (CDN) and hybrid solutions. LeaseWeb was listed as a “visionary” company in Gartner ‘s Magic Quadrant in 2013 for European Managed Hosting.  Its parent company OCOM was listed in the Deloitte Fast 50 in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
Customers include Heineken , Kelkoo , Hallmark , Twenga , Hardwell , and Kaspersky Lab .  The company sponsors the Wikimedia Foundation . 
The company was founded in 1997 with a website, an online business directory . Client companies could add their contact details and a short description. Soon after, they started designing and building websites as an additional service, and opened an office in Utrecht in 1998. In 1999 the company was renamed LeaseWeb.
LeaseWeb Acquired icts first servers in 2000. The four servers Had a total bandwidth of 512 kbit / s. By 2005 the company owned 5,000 servers, a number that had doubled to 10,000 two years later. 
The company has been moved to its current offices in the Amsterdam area and was also included in the Deloitte Technology Fast50.  In 2009, the number of employees doubled again to 100. In 2010, the company had 25,000 servers. As of 2013 the company HAD over 300 employees and over 50,000 servers,  and by 2017 it expanded Even Further to over 400 employees, more than 75,000 servers, and over 17,500 customers worldwide.
LeaseWeb manages 17 data centers around the world with a network capacity of 5.5 Tbit / s and over 50 PoPs. 
LeaseWeb’s Netherlands’ datacenter is located at EvoSwitch AMS1: JW Lucasweg 35, 2031 BE Haarlem, Netherlands. This is their largest data center. This data center in the Waarderpolder in Haarlem hosts the Wikimedia Foundation’s European hub as part of a € 300,000 donation of in-kind support to the foundation.
LeaseWeb has been acquired by the German hosting provider Netdirekt in 2010,  and expanded its presence in Germany , Austria and Switzerland . The acquisition allowed LeaseWeb to support its customers in their own language from its datacenter in Frankfurt .
LeaseWeb expanded its operations to the United States in 2011 with a subsidiary of LeaseWeb USA Inc. It operates a data center in Manassas , Virginia .  The Manassas Data Center is at EvoSwitch WDC1: 9651 Hornbaker Rd, Manassas, VA 20109, this is mainly for its American customers. 
On October 14, 2011, OCOM, LeaseWeb’s parent company, was again listed in the Deloitte Fast 50.  OCOM was the company with the highest revenue on the 2011 Deloitte Technology Fast50 with a total turnover of € 50 million (2010). [ quote needed ]
On October 7, 2011, LeaseWeb was chosen as the HP Service Provider Partner of the Year 2011.  The best-performing HP partners in the Netherlands across various disciplines are presented awards.
On March 19, 2012, LeaseWeb announced its new public cloud platform.  The company said it could accommodate large numbers of customers, and provide a robust foundation for advanced infrastructure as a service (IaaS) applications.
Anti- malware organization StopBadWare and LeaseWeb announced on April 19, 2012 that they would work jointly on cybercrime prevention.  LeaseWeb sponsors StopBadware as part of its Community Outreach Project .
As of June 2013 LeaseWeb offered a Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Cybersecurity Services. 
On December 17, 2013, LeaseWeb launched a Private Cloud platform, powered by Apache CloudStack. 
In mid-2014 LeaseWeb expanded to Singapore’s office and data center. 
LeaseWeb offers its customers a single location where they can get a domain name , IP addresses , hardware , housing and bandwidth : a one-stop shop .  Its infrastructure incorporates hardware, software and services from Cisco , Dell , HP, and Huawei 
LeaseWeb’s network has been IPv6 -ready for years.  [ not in citation given ] The company provides IPv6 addresses to its customers without charge. The network is dual-stacked, running both IPv6 and IPv4 on the same infrastructure. 
LeaseWeb developed a cloud platform which it launched in March 2012.  From 2012 it provided basic firewall functionality for all customers. 
In June 2013, LeaseWeb launched its worldwide Content Delivery Network (CDN).  It was built with open-source products from NGINX, used by more than 25% of the world’s top 1,000 web sites with intensive traffic.  NGINX uses LeaseWeb’s infrastructure and recommends LeaseWeb services to its customers. 
Corporate social responsibility
LeaseWeb was one of the first ISPs in the Netherlands to take action against child pornography .  The Spamhaus Project and Andrew Martin’s security blog show that LeaseWeb routinely host spammers and botnet controls.    
Through its Community Outreach Project, LeaseWeb offers free hosting to organizations that monitor, identify and fight the sources of spam and cybercrime . 
Network and datacenters
The company operates eight datacenters in Europe , Asia and the United States . LeaseWeb peers with Internet exchanges in Amsterdam , Frankfurt , London , New York City , Brussels , Stockholm , Madrid , Zurich , Düsseldorf , Paris , Warsaw , Budapest , Milan , Vienna , Prague , Luxembourg , Bucharest , Bratislava ,Copenhagen , Oslo , Ashburn , Miami , Chicago , Dallas , Palo Alto and Los Angeles .  LeaseWeb’s network consists of 55 Points-of-Presence and 33 Internet Exchanges across the globe. The network has a bandwidth of 5.5 Tbit / s with peak traffic of 2.5 Tbit / s and reports uptime of 99.9999% 
- Jump up^ “Gartner” .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb Clients” . Retrieved 2013-06-11 .
- Jump up^ “Client Case The Wikimedia Foundation” . Retrieved 2013-06-11 .
- Jump up^ “OCOM History” . Retrieved 2013-06-20 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2011” . Retrieved 2012-07-16 .
- Jump up^ “About LeaseWeb” . Retrieved 2013-06-20 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb” .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb Acquires Germany’s netdirekt” . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb To Virginia Open Data Center” . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb To Open US Datacenter” . Archived from the original on 2013-02-05 . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb is HP Service Provider Partner of the Year 2011” . Retrieved 2012-08-01 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb launches new public cloud platform”. Retrieved 2013-04-13 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb Provides Free Hosting to Anti-Malware StopBadware Non-Profit” . Retrieved 2012-08-01 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “LeaseWeb Launches In-House Developed CDN Service” . Retrieved 2013-06-11 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb adds new Private cloud platform powered by Apache CloudStack” . Retrieved 2013-12-24 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb Expands Asian Presence With Pacnet Data Center in Singapore” . Retrieved 2014-10-08 .
- Jump up^ “Company Values” . Retrieved 2012-08-02 .
- Jump up^ “Partners” . Retrieved 2012-08-04 .
- Jump up^ “Is the Internet Running Out of IPs?” . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “IPv4 & IPv6 interoperability and the LeaseWeb network” . Retrieved 2012-08-04 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb launches new public cloud platform”. Archived from the original on 2013-05-30 . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “Introducing free Basic Firewall functionality for LeaseWeb Cloud Express” . Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- Jump up^ “Usage of broken web servers down by ranking” . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “Leaseweb gaat over op Nginx-software voor content delivery” . Retrieved 2012-05-11 .
- Jump up^ “Hostingbedrijf LeaseWeb plaatst kinderpornofilter”. Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “The Spamhaus Project – SBL: SBL Advisory: Found 18 SBL listings for IPs under the responsibility of leaseweb.com” . The Spamhaus Project . Retrieved September 18, 2012 .
- Jump up^ Martin, Andrew (December 11, 2008). “Sources of Badness – LeaseWeb” . Andrew Martin: Viewing InfoSec from the trenches (formerly Real Security) . Retrieved September 11, 2012 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb forced to shut down more bittorrent sites” . Retrieved 2012-07-12 .
- Jump up^ “Security officer at LeaseWeb speaks about the botnet’s takedown Bredolab” . Retrieved 2012-07-12 .
- Jump up^ “Web LeaseWeb Host launches Community Outreach Project” . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb NOC” . Retrieved 2012-07-01 .
- Jump up^ “LeaseWeb’s Network” . Retrieved 2015-02-21 .