ElasticHosts is a computer service provider based in London , England. It was founded in March 2008 ,   and provides cloud computing service, provided from ten data centers;   in the United Kingdom (two sites), Netherlands , United States (four sites), Canada , Hong Kong and Australia .
ElasticHosts is privately held and competes with other public cloud-infrastructure providers such as the Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute and Rackspace Cloud .   According to CEO Richard Davies, the company aims to provide as many servers as possible, with the exception that the customer can self-serve at any time. 
ElasticHosts’ EU hosting data centers are in the UK and not Ireland. It is the first public  cloud service built on the Linux Kernel-based Virtual Machine (rather than Xen ), and it has an API that has been given a REST perspective.  It charges for resources (CPU, memory, disk and network) as separate entities, such as small, medium and large instances. 
ElasticHosts (and therefore licensees) are supported directly by BoxGrinder in Fedora 15 as of May 2011.   
- Cloud Servers are virtualized on-demand servers, designed to behave like physical servers. Cloud Servers can be managed via their web control panel or API.
- Managed Cloud Servers take care of the set up and management of servers. Management is offered by Cloudways.
- Cloud Websites provide redundant, scalable hosting for websites. This is offered by Hybrid Sites.
- Reseller and referrer programs offered by Elastichosts, include one called White-Label. Elastichosts cloud hosting platform and resell it.
- Elasticstack is the underlying software to provide Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud. This is available as a licensed product,  and multiple other companies around the world use the same infrastructure, licensed from ElasticHosts Ltd, to provide their own branded cloud to their customers.
ElasticHosts Cloud Servers are available from San Jose, Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami, Maidenhead (UK), Portsmouth (UK), Amsterdam, Toronto, Hong Kong and Sydney.
ElasticHosts only has persistent storage, based on local host store. However, in 2012 it announced solid state drive (SSD) for all instance sizes.  It does not use a storage area network , aim INSTEAD HAS Directly attached RAID arrays, with iSCSI interconnects entre hosts. [ citation needed ] In 2011 the CEO predicted a greater demand for storage. 
Elastic IP addresses
ElasticHosts has two types of IPv4 addresses – static and dynamic. Both are allocated from the same pools of addresses, but they are maintained by the account, and can be allocated to any account at any time. Dynamic domains are randomly allocated for any server that has been allocated to a static IP address. These are not guaranteed to remain the same, but remain for the lifespan of the instance. A shutdown of the virtual machine may not reallocate the IP address. ElasticHosts does not lock a static IP to a server instance – they can be reallocated from the control panel. Reverse DNS is managed by the customer from the control panel. 
Elastichosts announced on 14 April 2014 that they are releasing an alternate type of server, based on linux running within containers . This implementation, similar to chroot or BSD, is the most advanced Linux kernel Control Groups feature, which the company is deemed to be sufficient for a new type of cloud server, launched under the name “Elastic Containers”.  Debian , Ubuntu and Centos, Claiming this as a world first in terms of virtualization- because of the nature of the containers, all run the host Linux kernel. Containers in and of themselves are not new technologies, with the cgroups features first introduced in the Linux kernel in 2007; and other companies such as Docker Inc. producing software that uses them to virtualize applications; This is the first time IaaS provider has used the technology for full operating system.
Various press articles focused on the newly released billing option, being able to be used for the most part, as opposed to some fixed instance size, in 15 minute increments; where the common industry standard is 1 hour.  In particular the CEO’s claim that customers could save up to 50% on traditional costs using the service.  Some analysts expressed confidence that container based systems “Given the fiercely competitive nature of cloud pricing these days, it will become a dominant mechanism for delivering cloud services.” Although Owen Rogers, Senior Analyst for Digital Economics at 451 Research, noted that though the “interesting and unique” model did give Elastichosts an advantage, with the “.. . rest of the market … still based on virtual machines, and I can not see this changing overnight. “but wondered whether” … consumers really care about ElasticHosts’ more detailed – and arguably fairer – method of pricing, when its bigger competitors are slashing prices ” 
ElasticHosts was acquired by Paragon Internet Group in April 2016.  Hosted by Host Europe Group in late 2015.  Host Europe Group was acquired by GoDaddy in December 2016,  meaning that ElasticHosts is ultimately a subsidiary of GoDaddy.
- Cloud infrastructure
- cloud computing
- Software container
- Jump up^ “ElasticHosts makes cloudy servers newbie friendly” . Theregister.co.uk . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ elastichosts (2008-03-19). “The Foundation of ElasticHosts” . Elastichosts.com . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ elastichosts. “Data Centers” . Elastichosts.com . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “UK’s ElasticHosts opens cloud data center in Toronto | IT World Canada News” . Itworldcanada.com . 2012-01-17 . Retrieved 2016-09-30.
- Jump up^ Jennifer Scott (2009-08-06). “ElasticHosts launches UK cloud service”. IT PRO . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ 04 August 2009 (2009-08-04). “ElasticHosts targets SMEs with Flexible Cloud Service” . V3 . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2011-12-29 . Retrieved 2011-12-29 .
- Jump up^ Cohen, Reuven (2008-11-17). “ElasticHosts Launches First KVM Based Cloud Service” . ElasticVapor . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Experiences of Interoperability across Cloud Infrastructures using OpenNebula” (PDF) . Ogf.org . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Pricing | Linux ElasticHosts, Windows VPS Hosting” . Elastichosts.com . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ Marek Goldmann (2011-04-19). “Support for new Clouds is coming!” . BoxGrinder . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Build plugins” . BoxGrinder . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “BoxGrinder adds support for ElasticHosts” . Elastichosts.com . 2011-04-20 . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “ElasticStack 2.0 allows clouds to catapult SANs” . Theregister.co.uk . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “ElasticHosts Offers High-Performance SSD Cloud Hosting To All Customers, Refreshes User Interface” . Press release . Elastichosts. September 5, 2012 . Retrieved 27 August 2013 .
- Jump up^ Simon Quicke (13 October 2011). “Data center spending heading back to pre-recession levels” . MicroScope . Retrieved 27 August 2013 .
- Jump up^ “How do I set DNS reverse for my static IP addresses?” . Elastichosts.co.uk . 2010-07-16 . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Elastic Containers – Revolutionary new cloud servers” . Elastichosts.com . 2014-04-14 . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ Jane McCallion (2014-04-09). “ElasticHosts debuts new pricing model” . Cloud Pro . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ Matthew Finnegan (2014-04-09). “ElasticHosts: Linux container virtualisation enables us to beat AWS on price | IT Leadership” . Computerworld UK . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2014-04-30 . Retrieved 2014-04-30 .
- Jump up^ “ElasticHosts Leverages Containers to Lower Cloud Pricing” . Itbusinessedge.com . 2014-04-09 . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ Jim Mortleman (2014-04-09). “UK cloud pioneer world first scores with true utility pricing” . Computerweekly.com . Retrieved 2016-09-30 .
- Jump up^ “ElasticHosts” . 2016-04-26 . Retrieved 2016-12-15 .
- Jump up^ “Paragon Internet Acquired Group by HEG” . 2016-11-03.
- Jump up^ Template: Web Quote url = https: //aboutus.godaddy.net/newsroom/news-releases/news-releases-details/2016/GoDaddy-Acquires-Host-Europe-Group-Becomes-Market-Leader-In -Europe-For-Small-Business Cloud-Services / default.aspx